8 hours in debugger and I became pretty familiar with SAP concurrent employment and absence quotas in this functionality. While it was introduced really a long time ago, there are a few sources of documentation. Let’s dive into it right away.
We have global employee who temporary assigned to another country or company. We want for any reason to maintain his overall vacation time and track absences taking into account absence quotas from both assignments.
Idea is to have absence quotas for two (or more) concurrent employments (or assignments) and use one absence on any assignment to deduct time from these shared quotas.
We setup absence quotas like normal single assignment. But there are some differencies:
- When setup absence code, which would consume quotas from different assignments, we tick checkbox to say system – use absence quotas from multiple assignments, not just the current one. V_T554S-ABSTYP_SHARED_CE
- When setup absence quota tick the same checkbox, but do it on both (or all) assignments you want absence to withdraw days or hours. V_T556A-QUOTA_SHARED_CE
- When setup absence quota deduction rule there is a new checkbox, which allows to prioretize current assignment or use quotas from other assignments first. ?556R-QTTPR_CE.
This all is obvious and has good explanation in help to these IMG settings or checkboxes themselves. Now, some undocumented magic.
- If you assign employee within one country, the standard would work just fine. But in case of different countries you need to change concurrent assignment grouping. You change SAQD vaiable in V_T7CCE_GPASGM view to XNON. This key says the system to track all assignments from all countries like one.
- The worst news are there should be the same absence quota code for all assignments. You can’t use 01 in India and 10 in the USA. Codes should be identical, otherwise system will not see quotas at other locations.
Saying all this would allow to use one absence code on any assignment to deduct multiple quotas over different assignments.